Web lists-archives.com

Re: Very quick question: in Thunderbird, where a composing windows goes to when... ?

On 8/8/18 7:46 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 08-08-2018 20:30, David E. Ross escreveu:
On 8/8/2018 3:07 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Very quick question. In Thunderbird, where a composing windows goes to
when I click "ctrl+shift+enter" ?????????? I want to continue writing
the message I was just now!

The message should be in the Outbox folder under Local Folders.

Oh! It is there!! Thank you very very very much! I am so happy to see it there, together with several tests I did now with other messages. Now I finished it and sent. How did you find that? I tried to search for a list of TB shortcuts and actions, but all I found was unrelated things, besides

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keyboard-shortcuts

which is annoying to use to reach any shortcut... click, click, click... no, not here... back, back, ... click, click, ... grrrrrrr!

I found

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/keyboard-shortcuts#w_message-functions

which has

Send Message Later    [Ctrl] +[Shift] + [Enter] [Command] + [Shift] +
            [Return]

Understand "Command" as separate key of from the previous "Enter"; the whole quote seem to be two different shortcuts for the same action.

One is for Windows and Linux.

The [Command] + [Shift] + [Return] is for Macs. Macs don't have the Ctrl or Enter keys on their keyboards.

Shouldn't that action save a message in the account's draft folder, instead of local outbox? What a silly thing to do! I just tested:

1) compose a message with an email account

2) click "save" to have its draft in account's draft folder

3) pressed "ctrl+shift+enter" and...

4) the message was immediately moved to local outbox! That is totally wrong! What if I decide to send it later in another computer where I can access that account? So so silly. Can I change that somewhere?

Looks like it is totally right to me.

You used one command Save > As Draft to save it, and with the Composition window still open, used Ctrl + Shift + Enter, to Send Later, closing the message and saving it to the Outbox.

I think the solution is to Save > As Draft. Then when you have completed the email, and want to send it later use the key combination, or File > Send Later command.

You might want to open each item in the Composition windows Menu Bar. File, Edit, View, etc. and review them. All that have key commands, have them alongside the command name.

Some examples:

File > New > Message  Ctrl+N.
File > Send Later  Ctrl+Shift+Enter
Edit > Undo  Ctrl+Z
View > Attachment Pane Alt+M

Get the idea?

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop