Web lists-archives.com

OT: Mozilla Advance

My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on 8/6/2018 11:03 PM:

Great topic Caver1 and thanks for bringing it to the group's attention. Also, kudos go out to Walt48 for providing some much needed illumination on the pros/cons of the debate.

Personally, I always get a bit nervous when any organization attempts to concentrate internet requests within one centralized set of servers, including Mozilla. I would prefer it to be opt-in and specified within the Mozilla online Privacy Policy. I would choose opt-out, personally.

While off-topic, the article below is tangentially related to Mozilla's continued movement to aggregate users browser activities using another outside outfit, Laserlike.

REF: https://blog.mozilla.org/press/2018/08/firefox-offers-recommendations-with-latest-test-pilot-experiment-advance/

[excerpt quote=\"
With the latest Firefox experiment, Advance, you can explore more of the web efficiently, with real-time recommendations based on your current page and your most recent web history.
The Advance experiment is available for download on Test Pilot and powered by Laserlike, a machine learning startup that has built a web scale Content Search, Discovery and Personalization platform.
\" /]

It is currently packaged as a Test Pilot Web Extension, thus, an opt-in feature, it's unclear if it will always remain that way.

--
Sailfish