Web lists-archives.com

Re: Trusted Recursive Resolver

My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 8/6/2018 12:58 PM:
On 8/6/18 2:30 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 8/6/18 10:52 AM, Caver1 wrote:
I don't know in which release Mozilla is planning to have Trusted Recursive Resolver or even if it is a given.
Maybe it is in a nightly now. I don't know as I don't run nightlies.
My question is is Mozilla going to let a user disable Trusted Recursive Resolver?

One might ask, "What is Caver1 going on about?"

See: <https://blog.nightly.mozilla.org/2018/06/01/improving-dns-privacy-in-firefox/> and <https://hacks.mozilla.org/2018/05/a-cartoon-intro-to-dns-over-https/>

And why he wants to disable it.

<https://www.ghacks.net/2018/08/05/is-mozillas-new-dns-feature-really-dangerous/>

Great topic Caver1 and thanks for bringing it to the group's attention. Also, kudos go out to Walt48 for providing some much needed illumination on the pros/cons of the debate.

Personally, I always get a bit nervous when any organization attempts to concentrate internet requests within one centralized set of servers, including Mozilla. I would prefer it to be opt-in and specified within the Mozilla online Privacy Policy. I would choose opt-out, personally.

--
Sailfish