Web lists-archives.com

Re: Trusted Recursive Resolver

On 08/06/2018 03:58 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 8/6/18 2:30 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 8/6/18 10:52 AM, Caver1 wrote:
I don't know in which release Mozilla is planning to have Trusted Recursive Resolver or even if it is a given.
Maybe it is in a nightly now. I don't know as I don't run nightlies.
My question is is Mozilla going to let a user disable Trusted Recursive Resolver?

One might ask, "What is Caver1 going on about?"

See: <https://blog.nightly.mozilla.org/2018/06/01/improving-dns-privacy-in-firefox/> and <https://hacks.mozilla.org/2018/05/a-cartoon-intro-to-dns-over-https/>

And why he wants to disable it.

<https://www.ghacks.net/2018/08/05/is-mozillas-new-dns-feature-really-dangerous/>

There are other posts about it on the internet by more qualified sources on the security questions about it. ghacks was the last place I read about TTR. They also go into more depth than ghacks.
The issue of the security of TTR is not a concern of mine.

--
Caver1