Web lists-archives.com

Re: Trusted Recursive Resolver

On 08/06/2018 02:30 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 8/6/18 10:52 AM, Caver1 wrote:
I don't know in which release Mozilla is planning to have Trusted Recursive Resolver or even if it is a given.
Maybe it is in a nightly now. I don't know as I don't run nightlies.
My question is is Mozilla going to let a user disable Trusted Recursive Resolver?

One might ask, "What is Caver1 going on about?"

See: <https://blog.nightly.mozilla.org/2018/06/01/improving-dns-privacy-in-firefox/> and <https://hacks.mozilla.org/2018/05/a-cartoon-intro-to-dns-over-https/>

Mozilla is forcing you into using Cloudflare DNS in testing. Probably they would use Cloudflare beyond that.
Many use different DNS servers of their choice for different reasons.
As it stands now its opt-out not opt-in.
So now there is a third party not necessarily of your choosing.
Those are my gripes.
Will Mozilla always allow you to opt-out.
I don't see a problem with this on mobile and possibly laptops as they can use networks that are open to the public.
With those are the networks you are connected to secure?
As far as security is concern several security people don't agree with Mozilla. Single point of failure. If Cloudflare goes down, which doesn't happen often with DNS servers but it does happen. The problem is that it fully disables anonymity.
It’s up to each to decide, who you want to trust your data with.
I have already chosen and it's not Cloudflare.

--
Caver1