Web lists-archives.com

Re: You have been blocked

On 07/27/2018 03:21 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 07/27/2018 12:45 PM, 😉 Good Guy 😉 wrote:
On 27/07/2018 18:24, Sjouke Burry wrote:

No problem for me.(xp sp3 ff 45.9.0)

How is this going to help the OP?  You don't have a problem but the OP has very serious problems and you are just telling him you don't have a problem.  This won't solve his problems.

*Solve* it? Perhaps not.
Provide useful information? *DEFINITELY*!
E.G. Many sites know to do strange things based on how browser identifies itself.

He has problem in firefox, but not in a list of other browsers.
One person reports "No problem for me.(xp sp3 ff 45.9.0)"
I reported " also no problem
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1"

So what does that tell us?
It is likely not an OS problem - site works for both WinXP and Linux.
It is not a generic Mozilla family problem - reports of both Firefox and SeaMonkey working.

I can provide two more data points
  - I routinely surf with both cookies and JavaScript disabled
  - my ISP is T-Mobile

Bear in mind we've not had a report from OP as to whether or not suggestions had any effect. There have been suggestions to clear cookies and surf in "safe mode". Based on the past, I would go one step further - disable both cookies and JavaScript.

I did respond to the other suggestions. To the negative.

That raises another possibility. I did a DuckDuckGo search for the implied domain name in his email address. It came back as "parked". Has the site had problems with his ISP &/or the URL they see?
N.B. That last question is far beyond my "pay grade".

Parked because it's a vpn IP.

In summary, "No" is as valid as "Yes", even if less satisfying ;/

You need to tell them what they can try on their machines to resolve this very serious problem.

U B optimist ;/

I have come to the conclusion that this is a problem on my system and that it will just take some work to figure out what is the cause.
Thanks to everyone.

--
Caver1