Web lists-archives.com

Re: I need the current directions on gMail hosting

On 07/19/2018 04:45 AM, Big Al wrote:
On 07/18/2018 06:06 PM, T wrote:
On 07/18/2018 02:51 PM, Big Al wrote:
On 07/18/2018 03:14 PM, T wrote:
On 07/17/2018 03:07 PM, Big Al wrote:
On 07/17/2018 12:42 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I need to switch a customer over to gMail eMail hosting.  Googling
the issues gets me millions of out-of-date and halfway answers.
And of course, you can't call Google and ask.

Anyone know a link the the proper directions?

Many thanks,
-T

Go to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin/identifier

Down at the bottom (at least on mine) there is a create account.

Once setup then there are links for how to setup.   Maybe this one:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_Gmail_with_Thunderbird_and_Mozilla_Suite

I think maybe I was not clear enough.   I want gMail to
host an MX record.

The goal is to change a customer over from a really crappy eMail
host to gMail's hosting service, whilst retaining their domain name.

And have you looked for any help or contact link on google / gmail to see if you can ask Google themselves if they can host the MX record?

Seems if you think they are a hosting service, there should be a way to contact this service and ask questions.

Google is a pain in the ass to try to get to talk you!

Then remember that when you make them your hosting site and have problems.

True.  On the other hand, everyone I with gMail hosting
says that they never have any problems.  And the current
provider will "eventually" call yo back, but is never
helpful,  especially when the problem is his.  Also has
no clue about Thunderbird.  And he over bills too.  So ...