Web lists-archives.com

Re: I need the current directions on gMail hosting

On 07/18/2018 02:51 PM, Big Al wrote:
On 07/18/2018 03:14 PM, T wrote:
On 07/17/2018 03:07 PM, Big Al wrote:
On 07/17/2018 12:42 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I need to switch a customer over to gMail eMail hosting.  Googling
the issues gets me millions of out-of-date and halfway answers.
And of course, you can't call Google and ask.

Anyone know a link the the proper directions?

Many thanks,
-T

Go to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin/identifier

Down at the bottom (at least on mine) there is a create account.

Once setup then there are links for how to setup.   Maybe this one:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_Gmail_with_Thunderbird_and_Mozilla_Suite

I think maybe I was not clear enough.   I want gMail to
host an MX record.

The goal is to change a customer over from a really crappy eMail
host to gMail's hosting service, whilst retaining their domain name.

And have you looked for any help or contact link on google / gmail to see if you can ask Google themselves if they can host the MX record?

Seems if you think they are a hosting service, there should be a way to contact this service and ask questions.

Google is a pain in the ass to try to get to talk you!