Web lists-archives.com

Re: I need the current directions on gMail hosting

On 7/18/18 6:32 AM, Big Al wrote:
On 07/17/2018 09:18 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 07/17/2018 08:50 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 7/17/18 8:21 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 7/17/18 7:45 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 7/17/18 6:07 PM, Big Al wrote:
On 07/17/2018 12:42 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I need to switch a customer over to gMail eMail hosting.  Googling
the issues gets me millions of out-of-date and halfway answers.
And of course, you can't call Google and ask.

Anyone know a link the the proper directions?

Many thanks,
-T

Go to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin/identifier

Down at the bottom (at least on mine) there is a create account.

Once setup then there are links for how to setup.   Maybe this one:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_Gmail_with_Thunderbird_and_Mozilla_Suite

I have found that lately I have had to have Google give me an app password for gmail to constantly accept my password in TB.

Why are you using Thunderbird 57.0? If anything it is an outdated beta version.

Did you enable the OAuth2 Authentication method in Security Settings?

57 is what is supplied by Ubuntu. From what I understand 0Auth2 is for Imap, I use POP3. Security settings in Gmail? There is no such setting in Preferences>Security in TB57.

I'm being cheated then because my version of Thunderbird Release is Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.9.1. Application Build ID: 20180710085647.

My GMail account is IMAP and there certainly are settings in Edit > Account Settings > Server Settings.

I can't find any 57.0 release notes here.

<https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/releases/>

How do we get v57 when the release notes for my Linux Mint copy is:
Version 52.9.1, first offered to channel users on July 10, 2018

So I'm only 8 days old?  And going to the website and downloading gives me 52.9.1 also.

???

Are you asking me or Caver1?

You could download the beta, but that would be a waste of time since the current beta is 60.0b10, and the 57.0 beta would update anyway.

<https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/57.0b2/>

<https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/60.0beta/releasenotes/>

Or you could just wait for version 60.0 to be released. I think that might be soon.

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop