Web lists-archives.com

Re: I need the current directions on gMail hosting

On 7/17/18 7:45 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 7/17/18 6:07 PM, Big Al wrote:
On 07/17/2018 12:42 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I need to switch a customer over to gMail eMail hosting.  Googling
the issues gets me millions of out-of-date and halfway answers.
And of course, you can't call Google and ask.

Anyone know a link the the proper directions?

Many thanks,
-T

Go to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin/identifier

Down at the bottom (at least on mine) there is a create account.

Once setup then there are links for how to setup.   Maybe this one:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Using_Gmail_with_Thunderbird_and_Mozilla_Suite

I have found that lately I have had to have Google give me an app password for gmail to constantly accept my password in TB.

Why are you using Thunderbird 57.0? If anything it is an outdated beta version.

Did you enable the OAuth2 Authentication method in Security Settings?

RAM: 8 GiB
Graphics: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2
OS: Ubuntu Linux 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop