Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox trademark

On 07/16/2018 06:31 PM, Caver1 wrote:

Not sure where to post this so I posted it both here and m.general.

I thought that Firefox was trademarked by Mozilla. If so why does Phoronix have a program called Firefox?

https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-benchmark-your-linux-system
"Compile Firefox
Firefox is a beast of a program. It's absolutely massive, and it takes a lot of time and system resources to compile. If you really want to test your system, especially your CPU to the max, try compiling Firefox.

$ phoronix-test-suite install compile-firefox
$ phoronix-test-suite run compile-firefox"

Did you ever try to build Firefox yourself? I had a look at once and that was enough, on this machine it would probably take forever, if I had enough free disk space.
To give you some idea:
https://www.quora.com/How-long-does-it-take-to-compile-Mozilla-Firefox-from-scratch
So phoronix have a script that installs the prerequisites and then builds Firefox, always the same config, so you can compare results. What's wrong with that?