Web lists-archives.com

Re: VoIP Computer to Computer connections!

My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 7/15/2018 2:48 AM:
Sailfish wrote on 15/07/2018 11:09 AM:
My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 7/14/2018 2:45 AM:

You should already have Video Over the Internet, yes?

As in watching videos from Youtube, etc, Yes, but as in 'phoning my sister using the Laptop's built-in Camera and Mic, No .... not yet!! ;-)

Hmm, just to be sure, VOIP still isn't needed, nor used, for that. You can use one of the programs already mentioned in this thread, e.g., Skype. Mostly, what VOIP affords is being able to make regular telco phone calls free over a large area (minus some nominal regulatory fees). For example, my VOIP box (ooma) basic package covers the entire US for less that $5USD/mo, more at:
https://www.ooma.com/telo/home-phone-service/

The thing is, Australia telco regulation may be such that you'd need to go through a subscription service provider but, still, it should be less expensive than landline calling.

--
Sailfish