Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Spectrum/Charter 100Mbps Update

On 07/13/2018 11:12 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
7/13/2018 3:29 AM:
7/12/2018 11:18 PM:
On 07/12/2018 09:55 PM, Sailfish wrote:
7/12/2018 2:26 PM:

btw, Charter/Spectrum recently added new equipment that bumps the
bandwidth from 60Mbps to 100Mbps and, so far, they haven't up'd the
price; although, their price bumps come in March so I'm not look forward
to the next bump.

Speedtests show a max of 70, more commonly 68 or so.  Charter's own
test just now:  66.01 down, 5.9 up.  It's been that way for at least a
year, maybe more.

I neglected to mention that I had to call in, (833) 267-6094, and
request the upgrade. The representative was able to make the change
while I was on the phone and I was told that it would take 24 hrs before
 it would take effect. That was 32 hrs ago.

My number is 855-757-7328. Last time I called I talked to someone in Texas. I remember once talking to a nice guy in the Philippines...

Have you tried using the Charter/Spectrum free hotspot wifi calling? Not a lot of hotspots, but when you get one it works. Nuisance to have to log in each time, though.

Update: After not getting the promised 100Mbps today, I called again and
got a different representative who indicated that the previous
representative hadn't configured the change correctly AND that it should
have updated while we were on the phone and not take 24 hrs. He set it
up again and after waiting a bit (45-60 secs), it came back online* but
still only registered the 60+Mbps rate. The rep re-looked at his changes
and said that there was another setting that need twiddling and
afterward, I got the full 100Mbps download rate with a 5.6Mbps upload rate.

"Estimated wait time is less than 10 minutes..." We'll see.

* Make sure you don't use your VOIP phone when calling since, after they
fiddle with the knurled knobs, massive knife switches and vacuous vacuum
tubes, your internet connection is dropped for a period of time while
the system resets.

Like I have another choice that doesn't cost 20 cents/minute! I'll just keep nagging them.

Notes:

1. The rep confirmed that this new rate will not cost more than the
previous 60+Mbps since they plan to have all customers on the new rate.
Note: However, he didn't say whether there will be another price
increase come the Ides of March billing update.

2. They are also offering a 300Mbps rate option but that with cost an
addition $20/mo.

--
Cheers, Bev
   Don't you just KNOW that there is more than one