Web lists-archives.com

Re: VoIP Computer to Computer connections!

On 07/10/2018 11:45 AM, Daniel wrote:
The Real Bev wrote on 11/07/2018 2:29 PM:
On 07/10/2018 12:34 AM, Daniel wrote:
Does anyone here use VoIP computer to computer video-phoning?? If
so, can they give a web-site address that explains how to set
things up??

I might be getting adventurous!!

There's always Skype, but it doesn't seem very good even though
everyone uses it.

We just started doing that with google hangouts.  Not much setup.  I
 think you need a google voice number (request one on your gmail page
I THINK!) and give it access to your contacts list.  Both ends must
use google hangouts, as far as I know.  It's pretty straightforward
and works pretty well.  The better resolution your camera has, the
better the experience will be.

We have separate cameras, both claiming to be 1080p. The one that works (linux, I made no efforts myself to implement the camera) is definitely not 1080p and the other one doesn't work at all. I was thinking of buying another webcam, but they aren't cheap.

Thanks, Bev. I was thinking Skype, myself and mentioned to my ISP that I
thought it had a bit of spy-ware in it, to which he replied along the
lines of "a bit of spy-ware ... It's much worse than that", so I was
hoping for other suggestions!

It won't be as good as what you see other people using on TV, though
:-( Or maybe our cameras just aren't good enough...

Gee, and I was hoping for it to be as good as shown on "The Big Bang
Theory"!! Shucks!! ;-P

That's what I was expecting too.  Ha.

I assume that pretty much everything I do on the net is being watched or saved by somebody. The fact that most of those somebodies want to sell me something based on my activities gives me pleasure -- they're wasting their resources!

--
Cheers, Bev
  "I am working for the time when unqualified blacks, browns and