Web lists-archives.com

Re: VoIP Computer to Computer connections!

On 07/10/2018 12:34 AM, Daniel wrote:
Does anyone here use VoIP computer to computer video-phoning?? If so,
can they give a web-site address that explains how to set things up??

I might be getting adventurous!!

There's always Skype, but it doesn't seem very good even though everyone uses it.

We just started doing that with google hangouts. Not much setup. I think you need a google voice number (request one on your gmail page I THINK!) and give it access to your contacts list. Both ends must use google hangouts, as far as I know. It's pretty straightforward and works pretty well. The better resolution your camera has, the better the experience will be.

It won't be as good as what you see other people using on TV, though :-( Or maybe our cameras just aren't good enough...

--
Cheers, Bev
     What if there were no hypothetical questions?