Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox: How to get the old scroll behaviour back?

Em 29-06-2018 12:19, Balaco ocalaB escreveu:
Em 29-06-2018 11:29, Dave Royal escreveu:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 10:52:42 -0300, Balaco ocalaB wrote:

In Firefox, I do not want the scroll bar button to got to the position
where I clicked, if I clicked in the scroll bar (outside its button).
The old behaviour, that still exists in the Thunderbird I use, is that
such click would simply have the effect of a pagedown or pageup,
depending on the relative position of the scroll button.

I noticed that changed a while ago. On Linux it's a setting in your
window manager. Here in xfce - and I assume in gnome and derivatives - I
can change it by setting up a file:
~/.config/gtk-3.0/

[Settings]
gtk-primary-button-warps-slider = false

That affects both Firefox and T'bird for me - and everything else AFAIK.

Presumably KDE has an equivalent setting.

So:

The problem is caused by GTK 3, and can be cured by creating or
editing a file

~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

with contents

[Settings]
gtk-primary-button-warps-slider = false

A restart of each GTK application is needed, though. But it worked fine.
Thank you!

Forgot to say: only software that uses GTK 3 is affected by this setting.

--
=
       quem você é?

  2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui: