Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox: How to get the old scroll behaviour back?

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 10:52:42 -0300, Balaco ocalaB wrote:

> In Firefox, I do not want the scroll bar button to got to the position
> where I clicked, if I clicked in the scroll bar (outside its button).
> The old behaviour, that still exists in the Thunderbird I use, is that
> such click would simply have the effect of a pagedown or pageup,
> depending on the relative position of the scroll button.

I noticed that changed a while ago. On Linux it's a setting in your
window manager. Here in xfce - and I assume in gnome and derivatives - I
can change it by setting up a file:
~/.config/gtk-3.0/

[Settings]
gtk-primary-button-warps-slider = false

That affects both Firefox and T'bird for me - and everything else AFAIK.

Presumably KDE has an equivalent setting.
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)