Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox: how to find what setting values mean?

Balaco ocalaB <ocalab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Wrote in message:

> Items without documentation:
>
> 1) network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy
>
> 2) network.http.referer.XOriginTrimmingPolicy
>
> 3) network.http.referer.spoofSource
>
> 4) network.http.referer.trimmingPolicy
>
> Where to ask them to be done? How? If you can do it, please do so.

The 'official' documentation is MDN
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Preferences>
Obviously, it's incomplete.
The way to ask for a correction or addition is by raising a bug.
 If your bug justified the effort it might be done.

If you want to know what an undocumented pref does, search for it
 in bugzilla.mozilla.org. I just did that and found that
 "network.http.referer.XOriginPolicy=1 ensures that referer
 information is not leaked between different domains". If you
 don't understand that, or want to know more, I suggest searching
 for 'cross origin policy' or 'same origin policy' in
 MDN.
--
(Remove numerics from my email address)