Web lists-archives.com

Re: Roboform Toolbar

Em 25-06-2018 15:32, jetjock escreveu:
Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 25-06-2018 11:35, jetjock escreveu:

Sailfish wrote:

My bloviated meandering follows what jetjock graced us with on
6/24/2018 12:59 PM:

Sailfish wrote:

My bloviated meandering follows what jetjock graced us with on
6/23/2018 7:31 PM:

I had to do a win 7 re-install. Installed FFESR 52 and transfered
old profile from a backup. Reinstalled Roboform 7, but the toolbar
for RF 7.9 did not transfer with the profile for some reason. I
have tried about everything I can think of and spent about an hour
searching the Web for the FF Roboform Toolbar v 7.9 addon with no
luck. Can someone help point me to the Toolbar addon?

If copied old profile, it should have been in there. Why did you
need to reinstall it?

My Windows was getting to so flakey that I finally had to give up and
do a clean install. Whenever I have had to reinstall FF other times,
I used Moz Backup to restore the profile. This time I just copied the
old profile to the new Windows and the Robofrom addon was not there.
When I look for the Toolbar addon, all I find is version 8.# which I
don't want. Every version after 7.9 had eliminated the toolbar at the
top.

REF: https://www.roboform.com/version-7-old

Hmm, if you uninstall Roboform Toolbar extension and exit and restart
Fx, then download and install the one here, does that fix the problem?

Roboform itself is not the problem. I have version 7.9.19.7 installed.
But when I try to add it to a browser (FF) it says that it does not
natively support the browser and I need to install the toolbar addon for
FF. The problem then becomes, I can't find version 7.9 of the toolbar
anymore. All that Roboform has is v.8 & up which no longer have the
familiar toolbar at the top. I am going to uninstall FF & Roboform,
install FF 49 and restore a backed-up profile for it and see if I can't
get back to where I was. Then upgrade to the latest ESR. Hope it works!

-

Do not forget to tell us what happened.

And if you have a 7.9 version, please share with us.

Unfortunately, I had to give up and kiss Roboform's a**. For some
reason, whenever I transfer a profile, the Roboform Toolbar addon just
will not transfer; all other addons transfer perfectly, just not that
one! So, I gave up and installed the latest version of the toolbar and
now have a toolbar taking up space at the bottom of my screen instead of
the top where it was for many,many years. Therefore, it would not do any
good to share Roboform 7.9 as there is no FF toolbar that works with it.

-

Oh. That is sad. But you seem to do things in a fairly automated and high level set of actions. Why you do not try to *manually* install the addon? It is easy to do, even in machines where your user does not have admin powers. The key is user's profile folders.

An addon is, as far as I have seen, a set of things that are "beautifully" contained in a single XPI file.

For example, to keep a safe backup of any addon, I game their XPI file in my email. Whenever and wherever I want it again, I try the "usual and common" way, with FF and Mozilla systems' help. But if, for any reason, that gives a result unexpected in any way, I get my safe and saved XPI and simply use it. Nothing bad will happen! Firefox complained it could not sign (or certify) an addon I installed, but I do not care much for that. The addon works as I wanted.

--
=
       quem você é?

  2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui: