Web lists-archives.com

Re: accessing m.s.Firefox and m.s.Thunderbird

On 06/14/2018 04:47 AM, Daniel wrote:
Caver1 wrote on 14/06/18 04:32:
On 06/13/2018 01:21 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 6/13/18 1:09 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 06/13/2018 12:46 PM, Mortman wrote:
Using Win 10, v. 1803; TB 52.8.0

I have seen several references to the newsgroups?? m.s.firefox and m.s.thunderbird.

How can I add those to my current newsgroups on thunderbird?

You will have to subscribe to news.mozilla.org to get the Moziila Firefox/Thunderbird support groups in Thunderbird. After you subcribe to news.mozilla.org,

They posted to mozilla.general so most likely has the server setup.

I thought so except if you look at the OPs header it states> X-Usenet-Provider http://www.giganews.com and Xref number.nntp.giganews.com:111986mozilla.general.
So it made me question that he was posting from news.mozilla.general.
Now that I'm looking at other posts to in the Mozilla news groups I see the same thing so?

I'm thinking that the news.mozilla.org server is actually hosted on the giganews.com server. .... but what would I know??

Yes That's what I'm know guess also. I thought, evidently wrongly, that Mozilla hosted it's own.

--
Caver1