Web lists-archives.com

Re: m.s.thunderbird

On 06/12/2018 11:19 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 6/12/18 11:15 AM, Caver1 wrote:
On 06/12/2018 08:55 AM, Wolf K wrote:
On 2018-06-11 21:46, Caver1 wrote:
On 06/11/2018 08:35 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 6/11/18 8:06 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 06/11/2018 07:10 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 6/11/18 6:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 06/11/2018 06:00 PM, Big Al wrote:
On 06/11/2018 05:24 PM, Caver1 wrote:
Just checking to see if it's just me or not.
All threads in my Thunderbird newsgoup just disappeared while I was reading a post and I have not been able to repopulate it.
TB52.8 Ubuntu 16.04

Look at settings>view>threads.   See if it's set to all.

Sorry but I can't find settings>view>threads anywhere.

Menu button > View > Threads.

Sorry, s/b Menu Bar

Sorry no Threads under view.

It is right under Messages, which is under Sort By.

The list goes Sort By, Messages, Threads, then a separator, Headers. Message Body As and so on. Thirteen items under View in total.

There are more if you use the Menu bar > View.

Nope. Not there. But I did get two threads now in m.s.thunderbird.
Who knows?

Thunderbird 52.8.0 on Windows 8.1:

Menu Bar - View has Threads, then  All, Unread, etc

Menu Bar - Tools has Sort by  - Threaded, Unthreaded.

Menu Bar - Message has Ignore Thread, Ignore Subthread, Watch Thread

Right click on message Header in header pane has Ignore Thread, etc

HTH

I have all except Menu Bar - View has Threads, then  All, Unread, etc
Why all threads disappeared then wouldn't repopulate is a mystery.
I am now once again receiving threads in m.s.thunderbird just none of the previous ones. also this did not happen in any of the other newsgroups that I subscribe to.
Thanks to all.

You are welcome.

You should try safe mode or a new profile because you are obviously missing menu items.

True but that doesn't explain why all threads disappeared and couldn't get anymore for a couple of days.

--
Caver1