Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Update] Re: FYI: mozilla.general to be shuttered and archived.

On 06/06/2018 06:31 AM, PietB wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
Disaster Master wrote:
I had one that would only allow a 6 character password, no uppercase
letters, and no numbers. Ridiculous.

There is hope.
My bank has long required uppercase AND lower case AND numeric elements.

Use "My bank has long required uppercase AND lower case AND numeric elements"
as pass sentence: easy to rememer and yet a lot more difficult to crack than
6/7/8-char passwords with figures and special chars. Except of course for
readers of this thread.;-)

I want ease/speed of entry by touch-typing. I'm willing to supply more characters, I just don't want to have to use the numbers and characters, which I never learned. Caps are a minor nuisance.

What I really hate are stupid sites requiring multiple captchas to identify shit that isn't necessarily identifiable, which sites don't -- as far as I'm concerned -- need ANY security.

--
Cheers, Bev
   Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens