Web lists-archives.com

Re: The support forum is m.support.thunderbird

*-* On Thu, 31 May 2018, at 23:49:13 -0300,
*-* In Article <Boidnf3VwP63KY3GnZ2dnUU7-dvNnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
*-* Balaco ocalaB wrote
*-* About Re: The support forum is m.support.thunderbird

> Em 31-05-2018 22:39, WaltS48 escreveu:
>> On 5/31/18 9:17 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
>>> do not answer me in messages, I can only read sujects apparently

>> I can read messages.

          [ ... ]

> m.support.* are groups I will not participate anymore.

> The "(was: ...)" part of the subject is removed automatically??

     Yes.  Here is a similar comment that was posted in m.s.t a little
over a week ago, and my response to it.

= - = - = Begin excerpt = - = - =
> (NB, and more OT stuff - I had to add the subject words in brackets
> as they were stripped out in my reply to you)

     That's by design.  When a thread "drifts" and someone is
responsible enough to change the subject as Walt did, Thunderbird
strips the old subject from the subject of followups/replies to the
changed post(s)/message(s).  TB has been doing that for years.  I'm
still using TB 1.5.0.14, and it stripped the old subject from the
subject of this post the same way yours did in your post.
= - = - = End excerpt = - = - =

                                        Ken Whiton
--
    FIDO: 1:132/152