Web lists-archives.com

Re: The dev storage is bad for one "detail"

On 05/09/2018 03:31 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 09-05-2018 11:28, Balaco ocalaB escreveu:
Em 09-05-2018 10:08, Stanimir Stamenkov escreveu:
Wed, 9 May 2018 08:10:40 -0300, _Balaco ocalaB_:
Em 08-05-2018 18:06, Stanimir Stamenkov escreveu:
Tue, 8 May 2018 14:30:49 -0300, _Balaco ocalaB_:

Since the private windows cookies are kept somewhere, at least while
one or more private windows are open, there should be a way to see
them. These cookies are erased when all private windows are closed.

Try the Developer Tools:

Tools -> Web Development -> Storage Inspector

or:

Tools -> Web Development -> Toggle Tools

and select the "Storage" tab.

I have no "Storage" tab. Should it be installed?

Yes, should be installed, although it might not be shown by default. Try
Tools -> Web Development -> Toggle Tools, then press the "Toolbox
Settings" button – the gear icon in the top right of the toolbox:

https://i.imgur.com/kh5jyWp.png

Check "Storage" in the "Default Developer Tools" section (on the left):

https://i.imgur.com/iJVkLQG.png

Bingo! That solved it. It just was not shown, then.

Thank you very much for the screenshots! They really helped.

Just a small note. Nice bg color! My profile with disabled JS uses
exactly that purple tone as forced background color. Before, I never saw
any screenshot with that kind of color setting in Firefox! haha
(:

The web dev storage window is not so good because:

1. I need to open a page in the domain where I want to see the cookies.
Sometimes I would like to just see them, possibly deleting.

2. And it does *not* show the cookies for private window tabs. I just
(re)tried this. It opens a window saying "no data present".

The cookie extension does show private window cookies.

--
Caver1