Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox: where are my cookies settings? They are *not* where they should be!

Em 08-05-2018 17:16, Caver1 escreveu:
On 05/08/2018 03:56 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 08-05-2018 16:25, Caver1 escreveu:
On 05/08/2018 01:45 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 08-05-2018 14:28, Balaco ocalaB escreveu:
Em 08-05-2018 14:24, Caver1 escreveu:
On 05/08/2018 01:07 PM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Em 08-05-2018 14:03, GerardJan escreveu:
Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Where are my cookies settings? They are *not* where they should
be!

Firefox help, in a horrible decision I did without having any
other
option, is online. After trying to find the cookie manager, as I
always did, I searched for the actual help. I found:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer

But the privacy part in the preferences window does *not* have
anything about cookies! All it has is:

Privacy -> Use tracking protection checkbox
Privacy -> history options
Privacy -> address bar options

Nothing else!

Where is the cookie manager that comes with FF?

attached is the place for *seamonkey* should be also for
/firefox/ !

That is not true. My privacy settings section does not have a
cookies
part.

Privacy Settings>History>Use custom settings for history

I want to keep my setting as "Remember everything". Then I cannot see
cookies? That would be a nonsense decision someone made for us.
Well...
luckly I found

chrome://browser/content/preferences/cookies.xul

The question is kept, if you know, please answer: Then I cannot see
cookies?

You asked where the cookie settings are as you couldn't see them.
I showed you where. Your choices are to remember everthing or to choose
what not to keep.
What is your problem with that?

No. Sorry. Please do not miss what I asked (or tried to).

I meant: I chose to use the setting to "remember everything"; with this
setting, we cannot see the builtin cookie manager? I would like to keep
the setting as it is, looking at cookies (usually for deleting some of
them) is something I may do a lot.

Or is it the same, if I leave everything checked after choose "user
custom settings?

   Take a look at and see if this is more to your liking;

Cookie Manager
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/a-cookie-manager/?src=ss

Thank you for both messages.

In my main FF profile I have "Cookies Manager+" 1.14.3. It is very fine! In less used profiles, that exist in folders outside my "~", the addons do not exist. They need to be copied to the other folders, I guess.

> If you want to see the cookies:
> Privacy > History > Use custom settings > Show Cookies

I compared this with chrome://browser/content/preferences/cookies.xul , and I prefer cookies.xul. So I favorited this address, and now I access it easily with:

- CTRL+L (focus in address bar and select it all, not always needed)
- write "cookies"
- press TAB
- enter

: D