Web lists-archives.com

Re: You use a personal result bubble

Wed, 2 May 2018 12:19:47 -0300, _Balaco ocalaB_:
Em 02-05-2018 05:31, Stanimir Stamenkov escreveu:

MozillaZine is almost the first result in a (not limited to) Google
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I've meant to say "almost always the first".

search for an <about:config> entry:

https://www.google.com/search?q=network.http.sendRefererHeader

That company's results are biased and possibly different for every user! You are in a personal result bubble. So I do not share your result. I never use that search engine.

Trust Duckduckgo instead. [...]

Duckduckgo result is equally good, at least. The first result is the same:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=about%3Aconfig

Haven't meant to start a search engine argument, and I've really tried DuckDuckGo in addition to Google before posting. That's why I've clarified "in a (not limited to) Google". For the sake of completeness I've now tried the search using both of Google and DuckDuckGo in a new private window using Firefox – I'm getting the same results.

Before starting this thread, I only tried to find the information in Mozilla's pages, and they do not exist there. I would never search for "about:config", instead.

Not sure which Mozilla pages you're referring to. No one suggested to search for "about:config" – just the setting name. Restricting the results to mozilla.org I'm getting (first two):

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Referrer
https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Preferences/Mozilla_networking_preferences

--
Stanimir