Web lists-archives.com

Re: You use a personal result bubble

Em 02-05-2018 05:31, Stanimir Stamenkov escreveu:
Tue, 1 May 2018 20:35:18 -0300, _Balaco ocalaB_:
Em 01-05-2018 19:19, accountholder escreveu:
On 05/01/2018 11:33 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:

Firefox: how to find what setting values mean? Is there a way to search
for that? Are those documented somewhere?

What I am searching, at this moment, is what the values for

network.http.sendRefererHeader

mean.

I use 0 ou 1, but I know there is at least one more accepted value. And
I am not sure what "1" does, I would like to know exactly.

And if we change the value to something else, what happens? For example,
the setting I pointed can receive any integer value.

Specific info
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.sendRefererHeader

Many more
http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries

Mozillazine! I accessed its forum years ago, every now and then.

Thank you very much for those pointers. The second will become an
important bookmark for me in the next minute! haha

MozillaZine is almost the first result in a (not limited to) Google
search for an <about:config> entry:

https://www.google.com/search?q=network.http.sendRefererHeader

That company's results are biased and possibly different for every user! You are in a personal result bubble. So I do not share your result. I never use that search engine.

Trust Duckduckgo instead. Their first basic principle is to respect users' privacy. That, of course, is very very far from what your suggested engine does. And results are very hardly different among most search engines! Yandex, Gigablast (which is now opensource), Bing, Yahoo, ... there are several of them. Another fact that change the order of results, for everybody, is what some people choose (by using them with a few liberties) as their result. The harder searches have different results in search engines, but that is normal.

Duckduckgo result is equally good, at least. The first result is the same:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=about%3Aconfig

Before starting this thread, I only tried to find the information in Mozilla's pages, and they do not exist there. I would never search for "about:config", instead.

--
=
       quem você é?

  2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui: