Web lists-archives.com

Re: PSA: CCleaner recently compromised

Ron Hunter <rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> Wrote in message:
> On 4/24/2018 9:36 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On Mon Apr 23 2018 15:36:35 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), rebro
>> <rebro@domain.invalid> wrote:

>>> Your excerpt does not mention that from the beginning on it was quite
>>> clear that 64-bit systems were not in danger of being affected.
>>
>> Or that it was 7+ MONTHS ago (in other words, old news).
>>
> I stopped updating this software after it changed after an update, and
> began deleting more than I had set up in earlier versions.   The updated
> version deleted some application registration information, rendering the
> software unusable.  I reverted to the earlier version, and have stopped
> updating it.  Shame on THEM!

Knifes and CCleaner should be used by people who cannot use them
 properly.

Shame on the manufacturer of the knife that has cut you. It should
 not do it.

CC presents you data it is going to delete according to your
 specification.

 It was *your* decision to delete it.

If you decided to delete data you were not sure you can delete, it
 is your fault, you should not do it.

And if you were sure, it is your fault as well, you should know better.

Blaming themselves is often the last thing that comes into the
 mind of many people.

--
Libor Striz

----Android NewsGroup Reader----