Re: Where is the access point
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 21:23:16 +0100
- From: "Jim Fisher" <ejf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Where is the access point
On 23 Apr 2018 at 20:50, Ray_Net wrote:
> In Switzerland quatre-vingt(four-twenty) is octante(eighty) which is far
I'm intrigued by that, and it leads to two questions in my mind:
1. Why octante instead of the more French sounding huitante, which would fit in
the most of the rest of the numbering system?
2. How do they spell out 90? Do they have another new word, or follow the more
usual French approach with octante-dix?
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)
http://jimella.wordpress.com - political snippets, especially economic policy
http://jimella.livejournal.com - misc. snippets, some political, some not
Forget Google! I search with https://duckduckgo.com which doesn't spy on you
general mailing list