Web lists-archives.com

Re: Where is the access point

My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 4/23/2018 2:18 AM:
Sailfish wrote on 23/04/18 01:49:

I preface all my chronological-based (pictures, video, &c) files in YYYYMMDD+filename format. That way, it's easy to search through a sorted list :-)

Yeap, I had that pointed out to me previously!!

I had originally lazily and used YYMMDD+filename. Then Y2K came in I was was forced to rename what seemed like gazillions of photos. Yes, I thought about using my nifty en masse file renamer program but it turned out that many of my photos were also name differently (some with space or dash separation) so, instead of relying on the automated approach and ending up making more of a mess of it, I decided as my penance for being inconsistent, I'd do it manually. I was so upset with my past inconsistency I considered wearing a hair shirt for a month but then thought better of it.

--
Sailfish