Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Is SSD worth the price?

Luis wrote:
Absolutely yes! I purchased a Samsung Evo 950 500GB SSD and now my i7 computer fly. I'm surprised how fast is FF now. Installation and cloning is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and overall performance is amazing. I guess any SSD will fit the bill so I will revamp my laptop as well although will search for a cheaper 1 TB cause my old Toshiba has 1 drive only.

In my opinion several of the received negative comments are based on old SSD's reviews dated 2011-2016 or bad experience with old ssd's. I decided to buy the Samsung EVO 850 500GB after visiting this page http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/ and I'm happy with the results so far. It seems to me that I have a new more powerful machine. Of course I saved an image of the old HDD just in case plus the old HDD with the Windows 10 system. My recommendation is read new reviews and don't buy old SSD's or cheaper ones. Also, be sure the SSD's firmware is up to date.

And by the way, thanks to the SSD Firefox is again my default browser. Why? Faster overall response.