Web lists-archives.com

Re: Where is the access point

On 04/22/2018 05:22 PM, T wrote:
On 04/22/2018 03:48 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
Twenty-two of april in two thousand and eighteen.

A tongue tie exercise?

Our military does it

     22 APR 18

so there is no ambiguity.  Hasn't caught on with
the general public.  24 hour format either.  I prefer
24 hour myself, but ...

Interesting, historically speaking, in our letter
of independence to everyone's favorite imperialists
islanders, the first line states:

         In CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.
         The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen
         united States of America

(We then proceeded to kick the ass of the world greatest
and most viscous imperialist bullies.)

So the American date format does reach back at least
two centuries.  And we probably got it from those same
imperialistic bullies.  I wonder how far back they used it?