Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT DSL re-connection!!

On 04/22/2018 03:49 AM, Daniel wrote:
T wrote on 22/04/18 19:04:
On 04/22/2018 12:43 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 21:04:30 -0700, T
<ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid> wrote:

On 04/21/2018 06:43 PM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 02:19:30 -0700, T
<ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid> wrote:

On 21/04/2018 01:07 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
Follow the cable or the wireless signal.

It is not hooked up to the building Ethernet wiring,
so no wires to follow.

How does it access the building Ethernet wiring?

It doesn't

What does the access point give access to?

At the moment, nothing.  If I ever find it, I will
remove it.  It is their old DSL modem.  They are now on
Fiber Optic.

Just FYI, here in Australia, we are currently going through the process of getting Fibre everywhere. Originally, it was planned to be Fibre-to-the-Premises for everyone, but a change of Government and the plan was cost-cut to Fibre-to-the-Node .. and now users are, apparently, getting the option of Fibre-to-the-Gutter (whatever that may be!!).

Last week, there was a T.V. news item where one consumer was having such problems with their Fibre-to-the-Node system that, after his particular connection being checked out by both the ISP (Telstra) and the Fibre Optic provider (National Broadband Network (NBN)), without the problem being solved, he has now been switched back to the old DSL modem system ... and is getting better connectivity!!

Here in the states, when fiber shows up, it is rock solid.
The ONLY problem anyone has with it is that it is $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I hope you guys get your fixed soon.  The service is extraordinary.
Do you guys get Neflix/Drama Fever/Viki down there?  Works great
on fiber!