Web lists-archives.com

Re: Where is the access point

On 2018-04-22 06:32, Daniel wrote:
Libor Striz wrote on 22/04/18 17:01:
Lucifer Morningstar <not@xxxxxxxx> Wrote in message:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 20:05:30 +0200, Ray_Net
<TBRRaymond.SchmitTBR@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lucifer Morningstar wrote on 21-04-18 10:11:
On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 22:41:12 -0700, T
<ToddMargoChester@invalid.invalid> wrote:

On 04/20/2018 10:35 PM, Sailfish wrote:
Invalid date format.

No dates are invalid ....

Unless they specify a 20th month.

Unless it is the standard US MM/DD/YYYY format.

This U.S. MM/DD/YYYY format causes much discussion in one of the UseNet group to which I contribute so I have my suspicion about this U.S. MM/DD/YYYY format!!

I think it may have started as" Month Date, Year" format, i.e. May 26, 1773, which then got abbreviated, due to laziness or whatever, to the MM/DD/YYYY format, i.e. 05/26/1773 (to use the date I gave above).

Of course, this is just my theory, or attempt to put some logic behind why the U.S.'ians does what they do!! ;-P  Then again, it might just be the U.S.'ians being cantankerous!! ;-P

Except for the aspersions implicit in "laziness", you theory is spot-on. The numeric format is a straight translation of the words'n'numbers format to numbers-only.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com