Web lists-archives.com

Re: Where is the access point

On 04/21/2018 02:54 PM, Big Al wrote:
On 04/21/2018 01:31 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 04/21/2018 04:20 AM, T wrote:
On 04/21/2018 02:49 AM, Big Al wrote:
And maybe as my kids did when trying to locate emergency beacons from
downed aircraft, body blocking.   Turn with the laptop and use the body
to block the signal. A weaker signal is thus behind you.   Hey it worked
for the CAP, Cival Air Patrol in US.

Interesting!  Thank you!

Report back when you find it -- I'm curious about where it was hidden!

I'm interested in how, and what idiot stuck it there.  LOL

It is a DSL modem from their old building.  They are now on
Fiber optic.  So someone just unplugged from the AC and re-plugged
it somewhere in the new building.  I looked all over their new
wiring room, but no sign of it.

They told me they eventually need it located, but that it is a
real low priority at the moment.  When they do decide they want
it back, since it is guest WiFi, I hope they let me firewall
segment an access point apart from their internal network.