Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Is SSD worth the price?

On 04/21/2018 06:27 AM, Caver1 wrote:
On 04/21/2018 07:24 AM, T wrote:
On 04/21/2018 02:28 AM, Martin Edwards wrote:
As one who has failed to do so, the first thing to do is learn
bookkeeping from scratch.  You'll have a better grasp of the software if
you know what it's doing.  Some have got it, some ain't.

No fooling.

I wrote my own software using Lotus Approach.  Each
form prints out what block things go on Schedule C, etc.

All charges balance all payments to zero.

I am currently running the database under Wine Staging.
A few glitches but it is twice as fast as running it under
native Windows.  Approach in now abandon-ware.  I haven't
found anything better to replace it.

Why don't you release it so others can use it?

IBM's official "excuse" is that there are license agreements
in the software with other software vendors and that they
have lost track of who they are.  So they can't give it
away or sell it because some parts of it are not theirs.
It is annoying.