Web lists-archives.com

Re: Where is the access point

On 04/21/2018 05:19 AM, T wrote:
On 04/21/2018 01:07 AM, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
Follow the cable or the wireless signal.

It is not hooked up to the building Ethernet wiring,
so no wires to follow.

How do you follow the wireless signal?
If you had a laptop you could walk around and see signal strength change. It would give you a ball park idea. And maybe as my kids did when trying to locate emergency beacons from downed aircraft, body blocking. Turn with the laptop and use the body to block the signal. A weaker signal is thus behind you. Hey it worked for the CAP, Cival Air Patrol in US.

There are programs like heat map that will allow you take snapshots of signal strength, and I think there is even one for android.