Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Is SSD worth the price?

On 04/17/2018 11:59 PM, T wrote:
On 04/17/2018 07:42 AM, Luis wrote:
I agree with you M$ is crap but they lead the industry along with Intel
and the others I also prefer not to mention. However, I have tried Linux
many times and still I'm not convinced. Maybe some day in the future...
who knows... By the way, I have never tried Fedora... hmmmm... Is it the
same gal with different... you know?

I forced myself to become a Linux shop.  When I need to
look something up for a Windows customer, I use my virtual
machines.

M$ has won the application wars.  In my opinion, that is the only
reason folks use Windows.  It is because they have to: no quick books,
no quicken, no point of sale software, yada, yada, yada.   I good
fast NVMe drive does go a long way to improving Windows Nein's,
oops, Ten's stability.

I adore Fedora as they keep up on things.  It is a shining example
of Kaisen (constant improvement) in action.  RHEL and clones
(CentOS) has the antidote.  I use to use them, but the instability
and the outright stress caused by them not keeping things fixed
almost drove me INSANE.  RHEL is an anti-Kaisen OS.  Windows,
on the other hand, especially Nein, is just a mess.

I am absolutely tickled with Fedora, where things get fix.

I had to write my own accounting software.

No point of sale software or none that you care for?

--
Caver1