Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Is SSD worth the price?

On 04/16/2018 05:20 PM, Luis wrote:
Absolutely yes! I purchased a Samsung Evo 950 500GB SSD and now my i7 computer fly. I'm surprised how fast is FF now. Installation and cloning is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and overall performance is amazing. I guess any SSD will fit the bill so I will revamp my laptop as well although will search for a cheaper 1 TB cause my old Toshiba has 1 drive only.

Yes, but ...

The only ones I have found that are reliable are Samsung.
I have taken it in the shorts having to replace crappy Intel
SSD's on my own dime.  Pay the extra money.

Here is a good bench mark for you.  This computer takes
SEVEN seconds to boot of my NVMe drive and over two minutes
to boot of an identical clone on to a mechanical drive.

This same motherboard takes about 20 seconds to boot
(real boot, not fast boot) THAT operating system that
can't count (W10) whose name I shall not mention.
This is extraordinary as THAT OS is a crappy, bug
riddled dog.

Fedora 27 on an NMVe drive is a total charm to operate.