Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: Is SSD worth the price?

Good Guy wrote on 4/16/2018 6:56 PM:
On 17/04/2018 01:20, Luis wrote:
Absolutely yes! I purchased a Samsung Evo 950 500GB SSD and now my i7 computer fly. I'm surprised how fast is FF now. Installation and cloning is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and overall performance is amazing. I guess any SSD will fit the bill so I will revamp my laptop as well although will search for a cheaper 1 TB cause my old Toshiba has 1 drive only.

NO

They are overpriced and the value compared to 5 second improvement is not worth it!!

I just tossed away250GB SSD and replaced it with Seagate Firecuda 2TB drive.

Welcome back to the 20th century. Some people actually use their computer - wait for it - to compute things. It's rather amazing how much faster computers are with proper hardware. Of course since you are using Windows 10 you have no need for speed since that software provides it for you. For those of us using such things as Photo Shop or playing games the differences are rather spectacular. Those confined to lobbing bombs in newsgroups can do without.
--
Jeff Barnett