Web lists-archives.com

Re: Firefox stalled, half-filled information. How to restore?

On 04/16/2018 06:28 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 4/15/18 7:48 PM, benjaminchua69@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
My FF stalled while filling in some information on a site. This is
a lot of text. The spinning pinwheel has been up for over a week.
Any way to start up the browser again without losing the text?

Over a week? Wow!

What version of Firefox? If it is 56 you should be able to use
Autofill Address for the address.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/automatically-fill-address-and-credit-cards>

Sometimes just reloading the page with the fill-ins works and leaves the
text already entered there;  I conclude that the connection was somehow
broken.  Other sites delete all the entered text as soon as you leave
the page for some reason.  I regard those sites as programmed ineptly.

It's all a crapshoot, but most annoying when you've had to fill in a LOT of crap.

--
Cheers, Bev
  "Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea: