Web lists-archives.com

Re: .json databases

On 04/09/2018 10:40 AM, Big Al wrote:
On 04/09/2018 01:31 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
What SIMPLE facility can be used to look at them.  I used to use dBaseII
and REALLY don't want to have to learn to use a DB system, I just want
to look at the files that google gives us about our on-line activities.

I tried feeding the location history file into a libreoffice
spreadsheet, but it reached a certain point and then stopped.  Should I
have continued or was that useless?

Try google "edit json files".

No seriously, not picking on you.   I found this one a few days ago and
it works.   https://jsoneditoronline.org/   It's an online editor.  I
needed to look at the contents of one mozilla file.

Given that I'm not all that happy about the stuff google has on me, I'm unwilling to share it with somebody else :-( I was hoping somebody had already used something and could recommend it.

But the first hit also shows this link.
https://www.maketecheasier.com/5-tools-to-edit-json-files-inside-google-chrome/

PS I'm using Duck-Duck-Go and not google.

Thanks, but neither seems to be suitable for just LOOKING at a chunk of stuff like a spreadsheet, which is the way I used to create dBaseII reports. I like sorting the data in different ways and then just LOOKING at it all.

I'll keep looking.

The files that google gives you are a real nuisance. The single file from one account had an index.html file which enabled looking at the rest of the files (or at least the ones you can look at with firefox or browser of choice) in a reasonably efficient way. The other account sent me four zipfiles with NO index.html, which makes it a real pain to wander through. I'll have to put each of the four zipfiles in its own subdirectory -- they all unzip to the same directory name :-(

Like the rest of google, it gives you something nice, or at least decent, and then cripples it.

Onward and upward.

--
Cheers, Bev
   "When your enemies are making mistakes, don't interrupt them."