Web lists-archives.com

Xmarks shutdown May 1, 2018 - crossbrowser alternative

What crossbrowser alternative to Xmarks bookmark sync addon
would you recommend ?

I will indeed make my own research,
but I am interested in the user experience as well.

-----
I have received today this email:

Xmarks update
On May 1, 2018, we will be shutting down Xmarks. Your account will
remain active until then, including the syncing of your bookmarks. After
that date, your bookmarks should remain in any previously accessed
browser, but they will no longer sync and your account will be deactivated.

At LastPass, we’ve staked our claim in password management, and
providing our community with a high level of password security. After
careful consideration and evaluation, we have decided to discontinue the
Xmarks service so that we can continue to focus on offering the best
possible password vaulting to our community.

On behalf of the entire LastPass and Xmarks team, we wanted to thank you
for your support over the years.
----

There is many PW managers,
but only one BM manager like Xmarks.

There is probably more cross browser bookmark sync tools.

But I will miss a lot the Xmarks profile based BM syncing.
( the server having the BM superset and particular browsers
 just the BM folders subscribed in used Xmarks profile.)

I wonder, why they then ever bother
with Xmarks porting to Webextension API.