Web lists-archives.com

Re: cant save Web Page HTML only anymores

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:33:18 AM UTC+8, Good Guy wrote:
> On 09/03/2018 12:22, conr...@xxxxxxxxx
>       wrote:
>
>       I have 58.0.2 for linux
> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page complete
> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
> openSuseleap 15)
>
>     Perhaps it is the way you are trying to save.  Have you tried by
>     going to:
>
>     File >> Save as ....
>
>     Now you have many options to save the page.
>
>     How exactly are you doing this?  Please post the step we should
>     follow to replicate your problems.  We don't have the problems you
>     are describing but it could be that you don't know how to save the
>     page.  Majority of us are on Windows System so you need to know
>     this.

OK I right click the page and select Save Page As
then I change Filter to Web page HTML only
then click Save

By the way, this is in Suse Leap 15
I also tried in Suse Linux Enterprise 15, which is very similar, but uses
an older version of Firefox. That saves the page how I specified.
I also have a Windows 7 system, and Firefox saves correctly thereon.
So it is presumably a glitch in the latest linux build.
Anyway, I installed Chromium, even though I hate it, in case I want to save
some other web pages.