Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: New external drive

Am 15.03.2018 um 20:04 schrieb The Real Bev:
On 03/15/2018 11:03 AM, rebro wrote:
Am 15.03.2018 um 18:41 schrieb Tanstaafl:
On Thu Mar 15 2018 12:41:39 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Good Guy
<hello.world@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have found that anything less than 1TB for a C drive is completely
waste of time and money.

We (and a friend) have bought a number of 8TB external WD drives for external backups.  BUT you can remove them from the cases and use them for internal drives.  On sale every once in a while at Best Buy for ~$160.  No problems in 2 years.

This corresponds with my experience.
Additionally, instead of buying a new PC, I have exchanged a broken 1TB Seagate HDD for a 1 TB WD HDD and added a 500 GB WD SSD (for the OS) and thus considerably improved my aging machine which definitely confirms Tanstaafl's views in the post above.