Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: New external drive

On 03/15/2018 12:56 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
On Thu Mar 15 2018 15:04:12 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), The Real
Bev <bashley101+moz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We (and a friend) have bought a number of 8TB external WD drives for
external backups.  BUT you can remove them from the cases and use them
for internal drives.  On sale every once in a while at Best Buy for
~$160.  No problems in 2 years.

8TB for $160? Probably very slow 5400rpm (or even 4200rpm), so I'd
totally avoid those for system drives myself, as they would be dog slow.

Doesn't say. Contains a 'red' NAS drive, which somebody claims costs $300. I divided mine into 8 partitions -- various types of backups, and some I still haven't figured out what to do with.

--
Cheers, Bev
  "Incontinence hotline, can you hold?"