Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT: New external drive

Wolf K wrote:
I'm looking for another external drive or two. My usual source has both Seagate/Lacie and Western Digital. It looks like 1 or 2TB are the smallest ones these days.

Lacie prices are double Seagate models of same capacity - is Lacie the better quality version of Seagate?

Western Digital models are generally in same price range as Seagate.

Or should I look at other brands? I'm willing to spend up to about $100/terabyte for greater reliability.

All advice and recommendations gratefully received and carefully considered.

Thanks you,

Switch to SSD (Intel has lowest prices). Not necessarily 1TB. That's the best option for the C: system drive. Use the others for data.