Web lists-archives.com

Re: New external drive

On 15/03/18 00:04, Wolf K wrote:
I'm looking for another external drive or two. My usual source has both Seagate/Lacie and Western Digital. It looks like 1 or 2TB are the smallest ones these days.

Lacie prices are double Seagate models of same capacity - is Lacie the better quality version of Seagate?

Western Digital models are generally in same price range as Seagate.

Or should I look at other brands? I'm willing to spend up to about $100/terabyte for greater reliability.

All advice and recommendations gratefully received and carefully considered.

Thanks you,

I bought a 2TB WD Elements external USB3 in June 2014. With the exception of a few power cuts, it's been switched on 24/7/365. It receives two system backups per day plus a small amount of other stuff. It's accessed by Windows 10 and Linux Mint 18.3
Can't fault it - I would buy another.