Web lists-archives.com

Re: New external drive

On 03/14/2018 07:04 PM, Wolf K wrote:
I'm looking for another external drive or two. My usual source has both Seagate/Lacie and Western Digital. It looks like 1 or 2TB are the smallest ones these days.

Lacie prices are double Seagate models of same capacity - is Lacie the better quality version of Seagate?

Western Digital models are generally in same price range as Seagate.

Or should I look at other brands? I'm willing to spend up to about $100/terabyte for greater reliability.

All advice and recommendations gratefully received and carefully considered.

I use two external WDC Elements, 2 TB; one for my wife's Win10 backups (2 boxes) and one for various functions on my Slackware box.

Currently ~8,000 hours on mine with no errors logged.

Rinaldi
--
According to my best recollection, I don't remember.
		-- Vincent "Jimmy Blue Eyes" Alo