Web lists-archives.com

New external drive

I'm looking for another external drive or two. My usual source has both Seagate/Lacie and Western Digital. It looks like 1 or 2TB are the smallest ones these days.

Lacie prices are double Seagate models of same capacity - is Lacie the better quality version of Seagate?

Western Digital models are generally in same price range as Seagate.

Or should I look at other brands? I'm willing to spend up to about $100/terabyte for greater reliability.

All advice and recommendations gratefully received and carefully considered.

Thanks you,

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com